Tuesday, October 2, 2012

[My Project Notebook]

(I always have a ton of decorating and DIY ideas floating around in my head. Many of them end up in my project notebook that I keep in my nightstand. I thought it would be fun if I shared some of my ideas with you all each week.)

This week, as I have been decorating my house for fall, I keep thinking of new ways to add in bits of nature.  Even though I'm not really an outdoorsy person I love adding natural elements to my decor.  It's free, gives loads of texture to a display and provides beautiful color.  Here are some options I'm considering:


1. A wreath made out of leaves.

Source




2. I love the simplicity of this pine cone swag and how it looks up against that chippy turquoise door. This would be a perfect craft to do with my boys.

Source


3. A giant branch brought inside. I love how sculptural they look.

Source


4. Leaves, mini pumpkins and twin garland.

Source


5. Natural wreath with bittersweet and apples.

Source



I can't wait to get outside, find some nature and get crafting!

Angela




4 comments:

  1. I love the pine cone swag and the apples casually spelling welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath made of leaves, Angela. I have one with faux leaves on the front door. I like the bare branches in the glass container, too. Very nice. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, I love your inspiration photos! That leaf wreath is awesome. Enjoy the time outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each photo is beautiful. I have been doing the same here. Today I collected pine cones, pine needles which had fallen and covered a sidewalk and bunches of leaves to incorporate into my indoor space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.