Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chandelier Stenciled Chair


I recently refinished this chair that my husband had gotten for free while out at a tag sale a few months ago.



I loved the lines of it and knew that I wanted to do something heavily distressed but with a special modern twist.

 
 
 
Here's the chair before, after I painted it flat black and was about to stencil, and sanded and waxed.
 

 
 
 
I love seeing all the natural wood coming through and how the wax gives it a beautiful sheen.
 



For the chandelier I chose gray craft paint and the same stencil I used in here.




Have you ever stenciled furniture before?  My husband was kind of shocked when he came home and saw the finished product; he couldn't believe it was the same chair.



 

On a totally unrelated note. Are any of you fellow blogspot bloggers having dificulty getting all of your comments? They normally go into my email (inbox or junk) and that is where I respond from, but I am noticing that I am not getting some of them sent over and they will only show on my actualy blog. Hmmmm.


Have a great rest of your week!


 
 
 
 
 
Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard CottageToo Much Time On My Hands”FallbuttonFridays Unfolded PhotobucketOr so she says A Diamond in the Stuff http://www.carterscottage.net/
Primitive and Properhttp://homastyle.com/wp/2012/11/27/no-red-christmas-decor/