Monday, April 22, 2013

Bold Peacock Vintage Dining Chairs

The weather was so gorgeous on Sunday, and I was so far behind in painting that I spent a good chunk of the day outside, enjoying the weather and working. (I'm totally suffering today though as my allergies and asthma are horrible!)
 
I can't wait to share the custom order dining set that I am nearly done with. I've also almost finished a desk and the second dresser I picked up last weekend. I think today will be spent adding those finishing touches to each piece so they can be sent back to their owners and/or listed for sale.
 
Did you stop by yesterday? I shared my once again updated dining room. If you missed it, you can check it out here.
 
My big pop of color were these two chairs that I refurbished to add a bit of vintage to the room.


I had two of these chairs for a while and they are the remaining pieces of the dining set that we had in my house while I was growing up (my Mom sold the rest of the set several years ago).  They are Ethan Allen and my Mom thinks they are around 35 years old. Structurally they were perfect!




They just needed a bit of an update to lose the dated cherry finish and to replace the velvet fabric that a certain child of mine dropped both paint and glue on! Here is a before shot:
 



I used the same paint combination as with the dresser from last week (an undercoat of Classic Silver by Behr with a topcoat of Peacock Feather (also by Behr.) You can see the dresser here...and, by the way, I caved and ended up keeping it! Bad, for sales, I know!  The fabric on the chairs is from Premier Prints, is no longer available and had previously been used as curtains in the dining room, but I felt it was too bold in such a large yardage.



 
Lastly, I lightly distressed and waxed the chairs. Seriously a quick and easy makeover, with some major impact!
  


Have you ever done something so bold in an otherwise neutral and traditional room? Would you? Let me know!
 
 
Have a great Monday!





 

Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/


 
Furniture Feature Fridays