Thursday, October 17, 2013

Easy, DIY, Dream Catcher


Morning everyone! With Antonio being sick with pneumonia, this week has sort of just slipped away from me. We haven't been anywhere, I haven't worked on any significant project or accomplished much of anything. But, I have spent my time tweaking my fall décor and working on simple crafts like this easy, DIY dream catcher.



It all started about a week and a half ago at my local Goodwill. I was looking around and happened to see a dream catcher for sale lying on the windowsill. I thought it was such a cool thing to see at the thrift store, but I didn't actually buy it. In fact, I never actually even checked the price.
 


 
And, I kept thinking about that dream catcher and kept telling myself to go back to look for it, but things happened and I never made it back over to the store.



So, I decided to make one for myself. I figured that way I could customize it to the color and style that I wanted and it would be free since I had everything I needed right at home. Bonus: I got to stay in my jammies the entire time!
 

 
 
I started by painting the center ring of an embroidery hoop that I bought at a tag sale over the summer with some leftover turquoise paint. When dry, I made a web with thick yarn that I had left over from finger knitting last winter.  To the web, I tied on some aqua beads from a broken vintage necklace. Then I took some feathers my boys had collected and painted the ends of a couple of them with gold paint and tied them to the bottom of the hoop with aqua colored thread.  Lastly, I hot glued gold ribbon that I had on hand to add a little more sparkle.



I just tied an extra length of yarn to the top so I could hang it up on the corner of this antique mirror in my dining room.
 



Love the natural feel of it with my simple fall décor!
 


 


 
 




Linking to: 

startathomeAll Things Thursday Blog Hop