Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rustic, Glam Dresser

Happy Sunday!
 
 
I cannot believe it is the start of another week already!
 
Antonio is finally on the mend from his bout with pneumonia, only to now have our cat, Figaro, sick. I feel like I can't catch a break here, but thankfully we go to a fantastic vet and after an exam, steroid shot and fluid yesterday we were sent home with antibiotics and Figgy seems a little more perked up this morning. Phew!
  
On Friday, my husband had the day off so I took some time to work on two dressers. One was a custom order and the other one I'm sharing here for you all to see.
 

 
Easily one of my favs!
 
 
 
 
I think that cream has to be my favorite color to paint furniture. Since I had so many mostly empty pots of cream paint I combined a few to get this light, creamy, white that was exactly what I was looking to use on this piece.
 
 
 
After prepping, I gave the dresser two full coats, and then, when dry, I distressed it with some heavy grit sandpaper to give it a time-worn look. I love the classic, simple lines of this dresser! (Here's the super plain before).
 



 
I used the same hardware for the bottom three drawers; giving them the same paint and distressing technique as the dresser.  For the top drawer I took two ornate pulls from my stash and gave them a glam makeover with a little bit of gold Rub 'n Buff.
 
Here's the before of the hardware...
 
 
 
And the after...
 

 
 
 
 
 I have this one for sale, but I secretly want to find a place in my home for it. Sigh.
 


 
 




Linking to: 

startathomeAll Things Thursday Blog Hop