Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simply Fall {October Mantel}

Good evening everyone! I have certainly gotten myself on a bizarre (for me) blogging schedule. I think it's a combo of being swamped with painting work, my husband's work schedule (lots of vacation days lately) and taking care of one super sick almost twelve year old (mystery solved today with a pneumonia diagnosis).
 
 

Anyway, since we haven't been doing school and really can't go anywhere. I have been tweaking my autumn décor.
 
I love using as many natural elements as possible in the fall. (A few plastic skulls jazzed up with some Rub 'n Buff add an unexpected touch of glam to an otherwise organic mix.)
 
 
 
Have you ever tried soaking branches in a glycerin and water solution to preserve them? I tried and epically failed. Boo.
 
 
 
This is the perfect time of year to embrace my love of all things pumpkin/gourd and brass related.
 
 
 

 
I just love the simplicity and colors of the season!
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
P.S. Tonight is your last chance to enter to win the $50 Visa Gift Card. Click here to find out how.



Linking to: 
Furniture Feature Fridays


startathome
All Things Thursday Blog Hop