Monday, October 28, 2013

Golden Gourds & Canning Jars

Yesterday was the most gorgeous fall day here in Massachusetts, so my Mom and I decided to take my oldest to the pumpkin patch with us to have a look around and get some pumpkins for carving. (My youngest is now sick and had to stay home...this month has been insane with illness here!)
 
Anyway, we got our pumpkins and a whole passel of awesome gourds. My son was in awe over how cool they were with their unique colors, shapes and markings.




 Our gourd haul...
 
 
I have a few projects I want to make with these gourds for Thanksgiving, but I couldn't wait to get started with something super simple right away.

 
It only takes a few supplies...a gourd(s), gold paint (to see my fav brands and colors check out this post), a brush, and vintage canning jars.

 
Simply paint the gourds; be creative! I painted just the bumps on one, the stem on another and the entire body on the third.



This truly combines some of my favorite things (hello, gold + fall + jars). I love rustic items paired with a bit of sparkle!


 
 
Have a great start to your week!


 
 




Linking to: 

startathomeAll Things Thursday Blog Hop













9 comments:

  1. Wow great haul and I love them sitting on top of the jars. Fabulous I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will be live today at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about gourds, for sure, so unique and unexpected and spectacular! My favorite is the one with the painted bumps, such fun :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I've also seen gourds painted gem tones, since that's what's "in" right now. I like your gold better. It definitely has a autumn feel. Thanks for a fun craft idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these....so cute on jars.
    I'm a follower...and looking forward to seeing what you do for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela what great gourds you found. I never thought to do this to them, thanks for the inspiration!! Sorry you have been dealing with sick kids, hope they get better soon.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a nice assortment of gourds - can't wait to see what you do with them for Thanksgiving! Sorry to hear about all the sickies in your house. Sending get well breezes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gourd assortment here.
    All those pictures are so gorgeous. I am deeply inspired by your creativity.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every gourd has its own personality. Love the simple way you styled them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fall photos - I'm with you - love fall+jars+and the brilliant color gold! do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.