Wednesday, October 23, 2013

[Project Notebook] Office Updates

So, the other day I sort of touched on the fact that our office is a dumping ground. Not only is it where all the unwanted furniture and accessories end up, but, the vintage furniture that I bought for the space never got the updates it needed. Like, I have this awesome hardware from D. Lawless for my desk sitting in a box in my basement just waiting to be used. Part of the problem is figuring out which pieces to leave as is and what to paint since I love that balance of painted furniture mixed with stained in a room. Another issue is getting over the mindset that this room is going to be decorated differently than it ever has. I'm going in with an attitude that this is a main part of our house and needs to be decorated as such, rather than just putting some stuff in the room and hoping it works.
 
 
 
One of the main reasons that this update can even occur is that the school desks have been moved into each boy's room. It is making for a much quieter, calmer school year to have them separated. As an only child I am still shocked when I see the brotherly relationship my boys have....the love equals the instigating for sure!
 
Anyhoo, here's my plan for things...(P.S. I've already finished idea #1!)
 
 
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
 
 

And...here are some office spaces that I find inspiring...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I have the same troubles with my office too...it seems to be the room that gets all the cast-offs and its a make-do kind of room - your inspiration rooms are terrific - can't wait to see what you do with your office!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.