Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Antique White Coffee Table

Here's a little message to future furniture shopping me...






STOP buying furniture you love and painting it your favorite color!
 
It makes for seriously slow sales when you just can't let it go. 




Honestly, though I do sell absolutely the majority of my finds, but every once in a while I get hooked.  Currently, I am infatuated with this fab coffee table.




What do you think? I pretty much want to hug it. I love it that much.




Here's what it looked like when I brought it home. Pretty drab, but in great condition.


 
 
I painted it with a couple of coats (plus touch ups) of General Finishes Paint in Antique White and sealed it with their poly.  And yes, I did have that panic moment that the stain might bleed through like that time I used the ASCP in cream on our mid-century hutch. Thankfully, it all worked out perfectly!
 




And those feet. Love, love, love. They got a little makeover with some Rub 'n Buff in Antique Gold.




So, here's an overall shot of how the table looks in our living room...


 

And, I'm seriously considering keeping it.  Of course, that means my other coffee table would need to be sold...



 

For reference, here is the other coffee table. What do you all think?
 

 


*I was compensated for this post, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.