Monday, March 31, 2014

Vintage Upholstered Bench w/ Fun Fabric


Hey there!

I've been plugging away with the unexpected makeover to our dining room. 
 

 
I've already shared how I updated our vintage dining chairs with fabric and paint (and showed our antique dining table) here.  I also talked about my experience with ASCP when painting our vintage hutch here. And, last week I shared my favorite...my mirror gallery wall here.
 
To balance off the colors in the gallery I added in this bench, which I painted and reupholstered.
 


 
It's the most perfect spot to take a little rest. Seriously. Just ask Figgy...
 
 

 
 
I love the pattern and colors in this fabric and how it adds a bit of fun to the space.  You can purchase the fabric here.



 
 
Are you surprised by how much I distressed the bench? I typically do very minimal distressing on pieces that I keep for our own home, but I loved the juxtaposition of the super worn finish with the pristine white chairs.
 

 


 
Here's what the bench looked like when I first brought it home...



And here's one final after picture.  There is just one more thing I want to do (additional lighting) and then I think I will be (for now) done!
 



Linking to...