Thursday, November 6, 2014

Blogger Stylin' Home Tours: Thanksgiving Table

You know what two things I completely love?
 
Autumn (and yes, I realize I've told you all this like a million times already, just go with it) and participating in the Blogger Stylin' Home Tour series.
 
The talent is seriously insanely inspiring!
 

bsht-thanksgiving-graphic

Today is all about my Thanksgiving table here at Number Fifty-Three!
 
I was going for an earthy and organic vibe and am totally in love with the results. It's neutral and relaxed and filled with things from nature; all goals of mine when decorating a space.
 
 
 
Come on in, let's take a closer look...
 
First off, my dining table was a totally lucky and crazy craigslist find. Its an antique drop leaf table (over 200 years old) and I am completely in love with it!
 
I started the display in the center of the table with a couple of pieces of firewood (easy to get at the grocery store) and a slab that I picked up at the craft store.
 
 
 
Once, I did that, I began to layer seasonal items on and around the wood pieces. I'm obsessed with white pumpkins. There. I said it. They are perfect for a neutral fall décor!

 
 
I added some gray Indian corn. I am loving the variety of colors I'm seeing lately!
 
 
 
And a little pop of turquoise with some candles (and lots of brass....I will never tire of brass. Honestly).
 
 
 
For the actual place settings, I used lots of gold accents to tie into the brass (and because I just love my set of china)!
 
 
 
I added some fall print dish towels in a deep turquoise and cream in place of napkins and tied them and the silverware together with twine.

 



On each plate I placed yet another white pumpkin. This time, I hollowed them out and added a plant. I love adding greenery and life to a tablescape.






I also brought in this bench and faux fur throw to add in some more gold and warmth.




By the way, did you notice my sideboard and natural oak leaf wreath in the background?  That area also got a Thanksgiving makeover with more pumpkins, plants and corn. And the wreath was seriously easy (and pretty much free). You can get the entire tutorial here.





Thank you all so much for stopping by! I love Thanksgiving so much. Truth though, I'm not a huge turkey fan. But I will for sure be helping myself to lots of yummy sides. And wine. Definitely wine.
 

 
Don't miss any of the amazing homes in this series. The complete list of links is below:
 
Monday’s Tours:
 
Tuesday’s Tours:
 
Wednesday’s Tours:


Thursday's Tours:
Friday's Tours:
Tatertots & Jello
Julie Blanner
Fieldstone Hill
The Chronicles of Home
 Finding Home 

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Love it and that Indian Corn is ridiculous! Thanks for sharing your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Table Angela and I love your gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining room is so pretty and I love your gorgeous tablescape. Bringing in elements of nature is always so perfect for Thanksgiving. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and I love the pop of blue in the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The succulent in the pumpkin??? Adorable! Love the blue mixed in. Really pretty, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks beautiful! i love the blue, white, and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your blue candles just pop against everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looks great Angela! Sorry I'm so late visiting, but life has been taking over lately...glad I didn't miss this!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.