Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Holiday Housewalk 2017

Merry Christmas everyone!

I am so thrilled to once again be sharing my home in the Holiday Housewalk! A giant thank you to Jennifer Rizzo for organizing this fantastic week long event. (To start the tour from the beginning head over to Jen's blog, here.) 


If you are stopping over from The Chronicles of Home, welcome! Jen is someone that I always look to for inspiration. Her home is just gorgeous regardless of the season.



And, if you are new here, then a special hello to you! My name is Angela and I live in a 100 year old Connecticut farmhouse that we are in the process of slowly renovating. I hope you enjoy our Christmas home and find a little bit of inspiration in our décor.



While I decided to take a simple, natural approach to my holiday décor this year, I did add bits of color throughout.



I added fresh pine and eucalyptus to my artificial tree to give it life and depth. 



I always love white lights, and this year, I also added in candles. They add such a unique timeless touch and I remember my mom always telling my that my mémère had real lit candles on her tree when she was growing up. I can't image that and am so thankful for this battery operated version we have today.

Since I love a mix of old and new, I paired my vintage pink, green, gold and silver vintage ornaments with modern white and frosted glass ones. 



Our living room also has this black cedar wall that I always think is a wonderful backdrop for my antique finds, like this dresser that I stripped many, many layers of paint off of. I wanted to keep it simple, with just this pine branch from my yard.  Also, that's my favorite furry guy, Figgy snoozing on a vintage bench that I recently painted and upholstered. He's usually a ham for the camera, but he was very sick earlier this month and spent the day I photographed sound asleep.




This room is incredibly difficult to photograph with all the windows, but I did want to share the mix of textures I incorporated with pillows and a fur throw and the bits of color and natural elements I've brought into the space.








I added a simple tree with white lights to our kitchen. Also, I shared the Rosemary Tree and Sugared Cranberry Cake last week and I have to say it was a hit with my boys.  (It's also completely gone already!)






Last up is our dining room. I again kept things simple. I used a flocked garland for the mantel and accented it with some tree drink stirrers and a bottle brush tree below.



My dining room table is a couple of hundred years old, and probably not the best for entertaining, but I truly love it.



I filled clear ornaments with a variety of clippings and accented each place setting with a sprig of rosemary, a leaf of eucalyptus and a few calamondins (those tiny oranges).









The centerpiece is a mix of white pillar candles, a variety of pine, eucalyptus, berries and more calamondins. I wanted a simple, natural and organic feel to my table this year.




I would like to thank each and every one of you for stopping by. It truly means so much to me. This is one of my favorite weeks of the year, but also one of the most intimidating because the talent and creativity is unparalleled.

The next stop on the tour is The Shabby Nest. Be sure to stop by for more beautiful Christmas inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.