Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Rosemary and Sugared Cranberry Christmas Cake Hack

Hi friends!

One of my very favorite Christmas pictures on Pinterest is of a white cake with rosemary trees.

I was completely determined to use it as inspiration this year because it's absolutely stunning, but I honestly have zero ability to frost a cake.

So, while I made the sugared cranberries, I totally bought the cake and tailored it to what I wanted.  In my book, that is much, much better than the frustration and stress I feel when frosting.



Here's what you'll need to make your own Rosemary and Sugared Cranberry Cake.

-One batch of sugared cranberries (sugar, water, parchment paper)

-Reserved sugar from cranberry recipe

-Store bought cake with white frosting and as little decoration as possible

One package of rosemary

Toothpick, scissors

Start out by making a batch of sugared cranberries. They take a couple of hours to dry so make sure you give yourself plenty of time. A great recipe can be found here.



Next, unbox the cake and remove any colored decorations. Note: I found this cake in the bakery of my local grocery store.




 Sprinkle the reserved sugar on top of the cake. It gets a little clumped up when the cranberries are tossed and this gives it the appearance of snow




Remove several sprigs of rosemary from the package. The number you will need depends on how large the cake is.



Cut the top and bottom off of each sprig and fan out the leaves. I removed some of the lower leaves so that I could insert into the top of the cake.



 Then, I used a toothpick to make a hole, and placed the rosemary sprigs upside down on the top of my cake.



I finished by placing the sugared cranberries around the base of the cake and adding more sugar snow to the cake plate.



By the way, if you like sour/sweet these cranberries are seriously addicting!








Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest





If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.