Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Shabby Painted Dresser

Hey there friends!
 
Here's round two of custom orders I finished up this weekend! (You can see the pretty peacock sideboard I shared yesterday, here.)
 
This one is a lovely, shabby dresser in pale gray and white, with a stained top.  Dressers are some of my favorite pieces to work on.




 I love the smaller size of this piece and the pretty detailed legs and middle drawer.




After prepping the dresser I painted the body in General Finishes Snow White. The drawers got a super pale gray (GF's Seagull Gray), which happens to be an absolute favorite color of mine.



The colors are close, but have a slight variation when side by side.  As soon as the paint had dried I hand distressed it for an extremely worn feel.


 


The top of the dresser was stained using another GF product (their super popular Java Gel stain). I love the dark contrast of it with the pale paint!



 It felt so, so good to be back painting and to be using my fave, General Finishes products again!

 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I am with you Angela-I love dressers too! Gorgeous and stunning! You have a knack

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a painting machine again. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I agree the staging is beautiful as well!

    Kelsey @ the Vintage Storehouse & Co.

    PS- Would love to have you share & link up at ReLoved Fridays! The link party is open until Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each segment is quoted and approved for the top of the turns. The surface of the Ferry to Dieppe for the citizens. The native is held for the true values. Path is ensured for the suggestion for the Indi duals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.