Monday, September 26, 2016

Vintage White Dresser with Coral Knobs

I have a little different makeover to share with you all. Whenever I have to replace hardware on a piece we are working on I tend to gravitate towards the vintage inspired glass knobs.  They are undoubtedly my favorite and tend to work universally well on all eras of furniture.

However, on this dresser I felt inspired to take it to a really feminine level and use these gorgeous Aged Ceramic Coral Knobs from D. Lawless Hardware.





Because I was using a bolder knob... brighter color + metal accent + chippy finish, I wanted to go classic with the paint color.





I always tend to lean towards what I consider the perfect neutral (General Finishes Antique White). You have no idea how much I love this color!




So, after a couple of coats of paint I distressed the entire piece. I wanted it to show some wear but not be overly worn.




Then, I added on the hardware, it really made the piece come alive. Plus, I love long dressers like this because they are perfect or televisions, buffets or coffee bars as well as a traditional bedroom piece.

And the coral lends such a modern edge, especially mixed with navy in like a living room. I think that would be amazing!




This piece actually sold really quickly and I have a ton more furniture updates to share with you in the coming weeks.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.