Tuesday, October 23, 2012

[My Project Notebook]

(I always have a ton of decorating and DIY ideas floating around in my head. Many of them end up in my project notebook that I keep in my nightstand. I thought it would be fun if I shared some of my ideas with you all each week.)

So, if you saw my post about adding in my new settee, than you know that I've had entryway design on my mind lately.  Here are some ideas I kept in mind when updating my own area.


1.  A comfy place to sit.

Source

 
2.  Open, airy and filled with light.
 
Source
 
 
3.  Lots of storage and black painted furniture.


Source


4.  An entry that blends well with the main living area.


Source


5.  A mix of styles and textures.

Source


If you'd like to see more entryways that inspire me check out my A Welcoming Entry board on Pinterest.

Also, don't forget to comment on the MyColor™ inspired by Pantone® Painting Party post so that you can be entered into the drawing to win your very own paint.

5 comments:

  1. All great ideas! I really like the first one. The stairs look like they're covered in burplap...really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love these pics! I too love black painted furniture. Thanks for sharing...always good to find Inspiring ideas!

    Jane
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing where your inspiration comes from. Your pictures and finds always leave me feeling inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I also LOVe how your blog looks,is it different? It is very eye catching:). I am glad you can relate to what I am going through, when it comes to chane we go VERY slow in our house:). Have a great week, I am adding you to my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inspiration pictures are nice, but I think your entry way is much cozier now than any of these photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.