Sunday, November 11, 2012

Carving out a Library

We don't have one of those long, narrow traditional type of hallways.  Ours is shaped more like a square, located at the top of our stairs on the second floor of our home.

It's almost like a little room; having more than ample space for furniture and accessories.




Since all four of us are pretty much obsessed with books and magazines, we turned this space into a little library.


 

It's very eclectic and just filled with things that we love, like pottery, twigs, birds and books.




I found these pine branches at the end of our street and dragged them home.


 
 
When we revamped our entry (here) we moved the mustard seed gossip bench upstairs. Some might say I have a decorating magazine problem...I say it's blog research.  No really, that's what I call it and I'm sticking to it for as long as I can!
 






This hutch is in desperate need of a painting.  Any suggestions for colors? It must work with the mustard bench, the reddish-orange rug and my green pottery.




I bought this vase on clearance at Target years ago and it is still one of my very favorite things that I own.

 
 
 
 
By the way, the rug that you saw in the first shot was another item from my childhood home. Along with the secretary and velvet wing back it is something that I never remember not having. I love pieces that connect me to another time in my life.
 
Have a great week!  I'll share more of this space soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard CottageToo Much Time On My Hands”FallbuttonFridays Unfolded PhotobucketOr so she says A Diamond in the Stuff http://www.carterscottage.net/