Sunday, November 10, 2013

Late Autumn Decorating

Hey all!
  
Once I took down my Halloween décor (you can see my Modern & Fresh home tour here) it left some huge gaps that needed to be filled in our living and dining rooms.
 
 
 
 
While I am going to start crafting for Christmas this week, I just cannot bring myself to decorate for it just yet. I really love November and Thanksgiving and want to embrace it for as long as I can!
 
I added in lots of white and brown and stayed true to my love of gold and brass.
 
I just used things I had on hand to tweak our living room.
 
 
 
 
 
Alright, so the velvet pillow with the tassel is new. Curse you Nate Berkus. I seriously love everything he does and could not pass this pillow up when I found it on clearance at Target. It is perfect for fall and winter, plus I'm trying to bring more navy into the room. So there. Justified.
 
 
 
A couple of shots of my mantel. I love how glimpses of my gold stenciled entry reflect in the mirror. (You can see the entire post about that wall here.)
 
 
 
 
Last week I shared how to make this rustic. burlap banner (here) that I hung in my entry.
 
 
 
And lastly, my dining room...