Thursday, December 5, 2013

Chalkboard Clipboard Picture Holder

Welcome friends!
 
You all know that I love when something is simple, inexpensive and makes a huge statement, right?
 
Well, today I have two fantastic things to share with you!
 

 
First, is this versatile chalkboard clipboard. Seriously, you should definitely make one. The total cost is just a couple of dollars and the uses are endless!
 
 
 
Supplies: dollar store clipboard, paint brush, chalkboard paint, chalk, and your favorite treat. card. Other supplies: small towel, cotton swabs and water.
 
Simply paint the clipboard with two coats of chalkboard paint and cure according to the directions on the bottle (usually involves a wait time and then seasoning the board with chalk). Once you have done that create the frame or design of your choice.
 
 
 
Here are my no fail tips when working with chalk...
 
Typically, I will sketch my design lightly with the chalk. When I am happy with my drawing I will wet my chalk quickly in a cup of water. I know this is weird. In fact, my son saw me doing it and he said it looked like I was washing away my sketch. Just have patience and trace over everything you drew with the wet chalk and let fully dry. You will get a crisper and bolder look to your drawing.
 
Also, to clean up any guidelines I may have drawn or marks on my finished piece, I will dampen a cotton swab with water and clean them up carefully. The swab gives you precise control and allows you to clean up tiny areas.
 
 
 
Now, secondly, did you see my awesome holiday card? I am so excited to be collaborating with treat. I first introduced them to you all a couple of weeks ago when I shared this adorable Christmas card.
 
Since then, I have had the chance to create a card of my own and the experience is so simple and (bonus!) inexpensive. Did you know that treat. will even send the card to your recipient for you and that your can set up reminders so you never forget a birthday or special occasion again?
 
 
 
Anyway, I started by taking a photo of my two boys (handsome little men aren't they?), then I was ready to upload my picture and create a card. When my older son saw me doing this he completely took over and created this Christmas card for me and my husband. (Yes, my boys call us Coka and Da...long story!)
 
Which got me thinking...these are so creative and well priced that this would be perfect for your children to make and send to friends and family members. And, these cards are not just for Christmas. treat. has a huge selection, perfect for any occasion.
 




Have you started Christmas crafting? This is one of my most favorite times of the year because it feels like everything we create is full of meaning and so special!

  


P.S. I've been decorating and photographing my house like crazy for this super, wonderful home tour I will be a part of starting Monday, December 9th. I hope you'll join us!



Seriously. I will be joining all these awesome bloggers!!!

Monday:
Roeshel - DIY Showoff
Jess and Monica - East Coast Creative
Laura - Finding Home
Brittany - Brittany Makes
 
Tuesday:
Lindsay - Makely Home
Caitlin - Desert Domicile
Carolyn - Sweet Chaos Home
 
Wednesday: 
Jamie - C.R.A.F.T.
Michelle - Decor and the Dog
Whitney - The Curtis Casa
Kristin - Bliss at Home
Summer - Simple Stylings
 
Thursday:
 
Jenna - SAS Interiors
Chris - Just a Girl
Michelle - Iron and Twine
Jennifer - Dimples & Tangles
 
Friday:
Jen - The Chronicles of Home
Kristin - Hunted Interior
Eileen - A Creative Day
Lakeitha - Lakeitha Duncan
Kristen - KFD Designs
Jessica - Dear Emmeline
Carmel - Our Fifth House
 
 








 
 If you liked this post you may also like...
 
 

 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 
 
Linking to: 


http://cityfarmhouse.com/
”TheGoldenSycamore.com”











4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea friend!!!! So very clever!!! And your boys are adorable!!! Happy crafting you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea! i love that you can write anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely marvelous - wonderful picture! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.