Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kitchen Styling with Uncommon Goods

Hey friends! Welcome to my kitchen! You all know I have (over the past year +) been changing my kitchen to something less dated and more our style and in tune with the rest of our home.
  
This is seriously as low budget as it comes. Painted cabinets, a kitchen supply island, an estate sale rug and tag sale furniture have made this a spot in my home that I now love to be in!
  
 
 
I feel so close to being satisfied with this room.  All I have left is to DIY some counters (I'll share my thoughts, soon) and potentially upgrade the microwave to one above the stove to create more counter space.
 
There is, however one (pretty major) modification from when I shared this space in October (here). Have you spotted it? I painted the backs of the upper cabinets white (they had been aqua and I had been obsessing about them and totally not in a good way). Along with that, I restyled all the shelves and now I can say...LOVE!  The neutral feel makes me super happy and lets my gorgeous rug and under sink curtain take center stage without competition.
 
Additionally, UncommonGoods sent me a couple of super gorgeous items to help add personality to our kitchen!  This state dish towel is perfection.
 
 
 
The quality is wonderful and, I just love regional items! I'm from Massachusetts so this is a fantastic addition to our space.
 
 
 
And, this slate cheese board totally jazzes up an afternoon snack. I love to add natural elements to all the rooms in our home and this totally does the trick.
 
 
 
It even came with soapstone chalk!
 
 
 
 
 
Just so you know, I am a complete sucker for a well packaged gift. Look at how cute my items were when I took them out of the box!
 
 

UncommonGoods also has lots of Valentine's Day gifts. For a great assortment check here, here and here.
 
P.S. In case you've forgotten, this is the before of my kitchen...
 


*I was compensated for this post, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.





If you liked this post you may also like...

DIY Leather Fish Scale Art



Copper & Twine Lamp (Guest Post by InDIYvidual)



Simple Salt Dough Hearts



Linking to...

 

21 comments:

  1. your kitchen is beautiful! the cabinets make such a difference and oh that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white inside the cabinets is much better, of course much improved from the oak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I can't believe the before and after. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela I love your kitchen...that first shot should be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela - you have done some great things with that kitchen! Those towels are so cute!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Angela, you've created an amazing kitchen, it certainly doesn't look like it was done on a budget!! I love your ecelectic mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come over! :) Everything looks amazing! :) LOVE the new kitchen!!! I need one of those chalk slate cheese boards as well! I'm all about chalk and Gold paint right now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a complete score, I love the newest changes! I think we were channeling each other, cause I just finished (sort of) repainting my kitchen uppers the other day! You and I have the same counter top, though yours looks in better shape than mine (ours has bubbled and chipped - yuck) - can't wait to see what you do. I have a few things in mind for mine too but it totally freaks my hubby out - so like any good wife - I have to wait until he's out of town to get it done ;) Love the rug and your new stuff from uncommon goods too - and that packaging totally puts it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously...this transformation is stunning! I really love the textures you created with all of your different pieces!!! And that rug is amazing! The light fixture rocks as well! Pure beautiful friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I am a complete newbie to your blog. I LOVE your kitchen! It's beautiful! I love the contrast with your uppers and lowers but I think the kitchen island is my favorite part! It makes it look so put together yet collected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen looks seriously AMAZING!!! I loved your cabinets before with the aqua, but I love them even more all white! Don't you just love when a room finally comes together perfectly after dreaming about it forever? I felt the same way after we got our kitchen done after 2 1/2 years.

    That slate cheese board is pretty awesome too. I think I MUST have one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your freestanding stainless steel island! It looks amazing in your kitchen. And that rug is amazing. I adore how your entire space looks collected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kitchen looks amazing and those added accessories are perfect touches!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it and your kitchen is fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen is gorgeous - we've done the grey lower and white upper too ( a couple of houses ago ! )
    Beautifully done !
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kitchen is so lovely! Love the rug, and the black and white. I'm sure you just love to work in there, I would!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The before-after is unbelievable, too good! Love that rug, the kitchen towel, the white jugs! Lovely blog, found you thru Savvy Southern Style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love Uncommon Goods! I bought several of those tea towels for friends for Christmas and they LOVED them! I just want one for myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The whole space is just perfect! What amazing makeover! {Also, nice to see another northeastern blogger ;) I'm in CT}

    ReplyDelete
  20. <a href="https://www.classickitchensupplies.com</a>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.