Monday, February 3, 2014

Chippy Vintage Nightstand

Hey friends! I'm seriously late to posting today thanks to some nasty virus or sinus infection or something. Ever feel fine one moment and then the next you are collapsed in bed unable to function? That was so where I was yesterday and today I have been left with a splitting headache.
 
Anyway, I had these pictures all edited and ready to share with you all! Isn't this vintage nightstand totally fun?
 


It was a custom order and my client gave me a general idea of colors she wanted me to use, but pretty much let me have free reign on the project. Love that!
 
 
 
Here's a sort of before. As in I sort of forgot to take a picture and then started to remove the damaged veneer.
 
 
 
I used General Finishes paint in Queenstown Gray for the body of the nightstand and Corinth Blue for the drawers.
 
 
 
My client wanted the piece to be heavily distressed and I love the juxtaposition between the modern colors and the aged finish.
 
 
 
Also, I added in these gorgeous glass knobs from D. Lawless Hardware.  Glass hardware is my favorite and these are so unique!

 
 

Lastly, I lined the drawers with a vintage map.
 

 

*I was compensated for this post, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.