Thursday, August 28, 2014

Blogger Stylin' Home Tour: Favorite Room

Welcome everyone! I am so thrilled to be taking part in Blogger Stylin' Home Tours again and I especially love the idea of seeing so many favorite rooms.
 



If you're coming over from Jen Rizzo then you have definitely seen a fantastic space. I always find so much inspiration in Jen's home.

The room that I finally decided on for this tour is our entry. It is more than just the welcoming center of our home it is also where some of my very favorite pieces of furniture and accessories are. Since it is a wide, open space it also serves as my office.




The most prominent piece of furniture in the space is the $40 Vintage Modern Hutch that I scored at a tag sale in Connecticut and even had delivered for free.

I adore the transformation of this piece and the West Elm agate hardware, which lends a natural element to it. It is simply painted in an antique white without any distressing and holds my extensive white pottery collection.




It was also featured on Apartment Therapy which makes it extra special to me and it is probably a piece that I will keep for a long time to come.




Next up in this space is an Asian inspired chair that I got for free with credit at the Goodwill. Did you know that you can get a card stamped when you purchase a certain amount and then when you fill it up they give you $5 off a purchase. I painted the chair in the most perfect Coastal Blue by General Finishes and recovered the seat with leftover fabric from another project.






The hide rug was a flea market find and is vintage and a little bit falling apart, but I love it. I wanted something textural for the space, but nothing too big that would distract from the unusual pattern of the wood floor. (Figgy is kind of obsessed with this rug!)










Some updates that were made close to a year ago was replacing our entry fixture with this Vintage Hob Nail Light that I got for free (isn't that the best when that happens!) at the end of a tag sale.

I also stenciled one entry wall in metallic gold paint and lightly distressed it. I love the interest and bit of glamour it gives to the space.








Right when you walk in the front door sits a Vintage Radio Cabinet that I painted black with gold accents. All the guts had already been removed when I found it at an estate sale and it had been converted into shelving. It now serves as the perfect landing spot for my boys' sneakers and sandals.





 
 
My Restored Antique Spinet Desk is where I do all of my blogging from.  I have wished for a desk like this for months and months and had not been able to find one, only to randomly stumble upon this at the thrift store. Check out the original post if you are not familiar with this style of desk. I absolutely love how it opens and closes.
 
 
 
Lastly, this chair is from the dining room set in my childhood home. I painted it antique white and covered the seat in faux ostrich to match our dining room chairs. For a little added color and texture I added in this pillow made from an old rug.

 

 


Thank you again for stopping by! I hope you all enjoyed the tour of my favorite room and got a better feel for how much I love personalizing my space on a budget.
 
Today's tour continues with the following..

 


11 comments:

  1. oooh good choice! i totally thought you'd pick your dining room but i love all your spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this space. What a great free light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many unique and interesting pieces in this space...I love how you put it all together. And that stenciling?!?! Gah, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your foyer! The gold stenciling is beautiful...and the hutch with your pottery collection really tops the cake. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your arched door and the stencil on the wall is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your entry, too :). I'm not sure I'd seen the view looking back toward the door before....love the stenciled wall and that light fixture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your distressed stencil! Such a great welcoming entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this space! You have some seriously TO DIE furniture too! I'm drooling over your white cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home has so much charm going on! Love that hutch and only $40?! Awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.