Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Master Bedroom Reveal

Hey everyone!
 
This post has been a long time coming. Over the last several months I have completely revamped my master bedroom. I have bought a few things, and repurposed a lot of pieces from around my home.
 


 
To help pay for the new items, I sold some of my older pieces. This is something I would highly recommend. I discovered that the reason I was always unhappy with how the room was coming out was because I was incorporating too many pieces that I was no longer in love with.
 
Ready for what is probably-way-to-many-pictures-but-I-don't-care-I'm-going-to share-anyway...
 
You can read all about my IKEA cabinets that I am using for nightstands and the modern touch of the sconces here.
 


The headboard was a lucky thrift store find that I bought for just a few dollars. I shared a before and after here and also shared where I purchased all my bedding.
 

 
 
Do you all remember that this used to be a dining room hutch? this may be one of my favorite furniture makeovers to date. I painted it a very, very pale almost white gray, distressed it and replaced the glass with a mirror to make it the perfect bedroom armoire. You can see it in its previous reincarnation here.

 
 
I brought the secretary desk up here. It is one of my very favorite pieces that I own because it is something that my father had bought years and years ago and was in my childhood home. The hardware is pretty amazing, too! I just picked up the chair over the weekend for $5 at a flea market and added a pillow with my favorite accent color.





The fiddle leaf it looking pretty good still. I think I am going on almost two years with it and it has grown a ton!  Recently, I pruned off all the lower leaves to transform it from bush to more of a tree feel. I wasn't sure if that would be certain death for it, but so far so good!
 

 
 
This other armoire, once upon a time, was in our entry and served as our coat closet. it was a dark brown then, and I recently repainted it in black chalk paint to match the headboard
 





 
Lastly, is my antique dresser with marble top. I painted it a light gray and highlighted it with Liquid Leaf in copper. You can read the entire post about it here.
 


 
 
And that is it.  With time and a ton of work I went from this....
 
 
 
To this...
 
 
 
And I am so happy. The new updated space totally reflects my love for mixing modern with antique. I hope you enjoyed!
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Your master is so pretty and serene Angela. Luv the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glamorous room! I love all of the furniture, so beautiful. I love all of your accent pieces too, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Especially the pops of black and your wonderful silhouette collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love love love it! did you sell the peace and quiet covers??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love love those sconces. Such a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice angela. really love the mirror idea for the china cabinet turned armoire. the colours all flow well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Angela! I love what you did to the china cabinet...wish I would have seen this before I sold mine...I might just have to find another one - great job!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Angela I love it all!! Your master looks beautiful...my favorite piece is the hutch turned armoire...LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love the curated collection of magnificent furniture pieces you kept in here. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so so so SOOOOO gorgeous! I love the neutrals mixed with the dark tones. You have beautiful furniture and you know I love the silhouettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously gorgeous!! Love the space! It's so calming and styled flawlessly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great transformation! I'm especially in love with the armoire, it's magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angela, great transformation. Love that that armoire that you did, it is so pretty and adds so much to the room. Sorry I have been MIA but we finally moved into the new house. So doing a lot here.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look very gorgeous and all in different designs...they are great ideas for a good home.
    home-architect-idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Such a calm, inviting space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! I really like the bed frame. Where did you get the comforter? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.