Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Master Bedroom Reveal

Hey everyone!
 
This post has been a long time coming. Over the last several months I have completely revamped my master bedroom. I have bought a few things, and repurposed a lot of pieces from around my home.
 


 
To help pay for the new items, I sold some of my older pieces. This is something I would highly recommend. I discovered that the reason I was always unhappy with how the room was coming out was because I was incorporating too many pieces that I was no longer in love with.
 
Ready for what is probably-way-to-many-pictures-but-I-don't-care-I'm-going-to share-anyway...
 
You can read all about my IKEA cabinets that I am using for nightstands and the modern touch of the sconces here.
 


The headboard was a lucky thrift store find that I bought for just a few dollars. I shared a before and after here and also shared where I purchased all my bedding.
 

 
 
Do you all remember that this used to be a dining room hutch? this may be one of my favorite furniture makeovers to date. I painted it a very, very pale almost white gray, distressed it and replaced the glass with a mirror to make it the perfect bedroom armoire. You can see it in its previous reincarnation here.

 
 
I brought the secretary desk up here. It is one of my very favorite pieces that I own because it is something that my father had bought years and years ago and was in my childhood home. The hardware is pretty amazing, too! I just picked up the chair over the weekend for $5 at a flea market and added a pillow with my favorite accent color.





The fiddle leaf it looking pretty good still. I think I am going on almost two years with it and it has grown a ton!  Recently, I pruned off all the lower leaves to transform it from bush to more of a tree feel. I wasn't sure if that would be certain death for it, but so far so good!
 

 
 
This other armoire, once upon a time, was in our entry and served as our coat closet. it was a dark brown then, and I recently repainted it in black chalk paint to match the headboard
 





 
Lastly, is my antique dresser with marble top. I painted it a light gray and highlighted it with Liquid Leaf in copper. You can read the entire post about it here.
 


 
 
And that is it.  With time and a ton of work I went from this....
 
 
 
To this...
 
 
 
And I am so happy. The new updated space totally reflects my love for mixing modern with antique. I hope you enjoyed!