Monday, January 19, 2015

Easy DIY Kitchen Shelving & Kitchen Reno Update

Hey everyone!
 
I'm super excited to share our kitchen shelving with you all today.  I feel like a few, simple changes have made our kitchen so bright and open and I love it.


 
This was a relatively easy project that made a huge impact.  Now, originally, there were upper cabinets in the kitchen. I had those and the soffit removed and walls patched by a contractor. Things ended up completely not working out with them.  I ended up firing the contractor and we decided to finish the reno on our own.
 

 
 
I've used the word we a ton in this post already. Wonder who I'm talking about? Check out this post way back from September where I totally share more than I ever have before. That wicked awesome guy that I wrote about and I decided to go for it and we couldn't be happier. I honestly got my happy ending!
 
 
 
Back to the kitchen...

 


I tried to style the shelves simply. Mostly with bowls that we use nearly daily. Also, I kept the colors pretty uniform with my signature white and turquoise.
 

 
 
 
The shelves are simple pine boards that were stained in an antique walnut and sealed with poly.  The brackets are from Home Depot and are nickel to mesh with all the other silver in the space.



 We still have some touch up painting (see the baseboard under the cabinets), but, other than that, the room is just about complete. Once it is I'll share more pics, a before an after and a full source list.
 

 
 
In the meantime, the storage in the drawers is amazing!!!

4 comments:

  1. Angela - the kitchen looks great! I love the shelves and that island!! Congrats on having the courage to take that leap and find "that love" - All the best to you and your family!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay--it's looking so great in there! And so glad to hear that things continue to go so well for you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen has come together beautifully. I have been so hesitant about adding shelving - but I feel ready to make the change, I just love how they make your kitchen look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how it turned out! Everything in the kitchen looks neat and organized, it would be such a shame to make a mess there. Haha! Anyway, I really enjoyed touring around your kitchen. Thanks for sharing!

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.