Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Holiday Housewalk 2018

Hello everyone and welcome to my 2018 Holiday Housewalk tour! I'm so thrilled to be a part of this inspiring group again this year.

 

If you are stopping over from Golden Boys and Me, thank you for continuing on to my home. I always like to try new ideas each year and I could not be happier to show you what our 100 year old Connecticut farmhouse looks like this holiday season!



I also couldn't resist starting off my tour with this adorable picture of my cat, Figgy. I adopted him exactly 6 years ago, tomorrow and he is the perfect decorating companion and model!

 ornate frame (that I turned into a chalkboard) and sconce, thrifted | table (I refinished), antique society sale | worry beads, from my childhood home |  basket, $1 antique store find | tree was foraged | green candle, Walmart | cat, humane society #adoptdontshop 

One of my favorite pieces I've refurbished is this secretary desk/cabinet. I had wanted one forever and happened upon this when a local reader was selling hers. It needed an incredible amount of work, but it was worth every second! It now acts as a pantry in our kitchen. Check out the before here.

I share this little section quite frequently on social media because its just so fun to decorate for the seasons.





wood bin, Target| benches, Goodwill (I refinished) | faux fur, Joann Fabric | pillow, have had for years-not sure | secretary desk, Number Fifty-Three reader (I refinished), hardware, D. Lawless | houses, Target | worry beads, from my childhood home | basket, HomeGoods | pine garland, Target | lights, Michaels | the rack I made from scrap wood and thrift store hooks I took off a mirror | dried orange ornament is handmade, check out my tutorial here

I recently read something saying that there is a definitive link between anxiety and clutter. I can definitely attest to that and I have spent a good part of the year simplifying and decluttering. Christmas decorating has proven no different. While I have bought new things to use this season,  I have purged many, many more; keeping only what I truly love and is meaningful to me. I think this is part of what tends to overwhelm me about the holidays...there is just so much of everything! I paid close attention to my Pinterest board this year, you can check it out here, and the overwhelming majority of my pins show a simple Swedish inspired holiday, so that I what I've strived for. 

My new-to-me pine table is a bright and rustic addition to the room. You can read about how I refinished it here.


table, Craigslist (I refinished) | gold tray, Target | bottles, Homegoods | marble coaster, Marshalls | tree picks, Michaels | glass jar, Dollar Tree |  candles and curtains, IKEA | reproduction Eames chairs, Wayfair | center white chairs, Goodwill (I refinished) | cabinet, from a reader (I refinished) | large basket, have had for years-not sure 

mantel, Facebook tag sale group (I refinished) | ram's head, CB2  | pine garland, Michaels | wood bead garland, Target | finger knit scarf with pom-poms, handmade, tutorial here


vintage rack, antique store | wood shelves, Home Depot | everything else from various thrift stores

votive holders, Target, West Elm, Wayfair | hanging shelf, Goodwill (I refinished, see tutorial here) | vintage candlesticks, various thrift and antique stores | cowhide, Brimfield Flea Market


Last up is our living room. Again, I wanted to keep it simple and when I found this adorable Scandinavian tree I knew it was my inspiration for the space. I brought in less décor than previous years, but kept it cozy with velvet pillows and faux fur.


basket, tree and wood beads, Target| tables, Facebook tag sale site (I refinished) | rug, Rugs USA | pillows, IKEA, H&M | couch, IKEA | Slipcover, Bemz |  ornaments, Michaels | plate wall, Target, Homegoods, Marshalls | faux fur, Marshalls | Christmas lights, Family Dollar | planter, HomeGoods | barn wood wall hanging, roadside find


secretary desk and chair, from my childhood home (refinished by me) | candlesticks, thrift and antique stores | painting, Savers | sconce, IKEA


Here's my little bit of color this Christmas! I seriously cannot get enough of these bottle brush trees and, while I've seen some gorgeous monochromatic collections, I'm, for some reason, totally drawn to all the colors!



chair, Salvation Army| dresser, Facebook tag sale site (I refinished, tutorial here) | vintage skis, antique mall | mirror, Goodwill | light, Home Depot |  faux fur, Marshalls | pillow, H&M | bottle brush trees, have been collecting for years

Thank you all so much for touring my Christmas home! I hope it gave you at least a little bit of inspiration or an idea or two for your own home. And, if I'm going to be honest, my head is always swirling with so many decorating ideas and possibilities, that I can guarantee that this all will be tweaked, altered and changed before the big day! 

Next up on the tour today is Just Destiny...



To start the tour from the beginning head over to Jennifer Rizzo.

Since I posted this tour, I've added in my big Christmas tree you can it here.






Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest








If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.