Thursday, December 14, 2017

Easy Finger Knit Christmas Ornament

I cannot even believe how quickly Christmas is approaching! I know this time of year is a scramble to get those last minute gifts finished and to decorate the last little bits of our homes.

This week I created these super simple ornaments that give such a warm and cozy feel to your holiday décor.




Supplies:  Clear ornaments (sold in packs of four at Walmart), yarn, scissors



To begin, finger knit your yarn to about 24" per ornament. There are lots and lots of great tutorials on Pinterest, so I didn't want to add another to the mix. But, I will say that finger knitting is quite easy to pick up (even for children) and you can make so many things with finger knitted yarn! One note for this particular project is that I used only two fingers for my finger knitting so that I would end up with more of a thin, rope like length.



Once you've knitted the yarn, carefully remove the tops of the ornaments and feed in your knitting. I turned the ornaments and twisted the yarn as it went in for a more rustic feel.



I love this project for so many reasons!

-They are inexpensive and quick to make.



-It's a good craft for children (just help with adding the yarn to the ornament).

-You can change the feel of them based on the color and type of yarn you use so your options are truly limitless.



-The are so versatile! Add them to a bowl, your tree or tie to a gift for a special added touch.



Merry Christmas to you all! I'll be back with a few more last minute holiday ideas before the big day approaches!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.