Friday, September 5, 2014

Book Page Leaf Branch & Contributor Post

Happy Friday! Since it is September and we are officially back to school I thought I would put together a quick and easy fall craft. Although, I have to say, 90 degrees and humid does not make me feel super autumny.
 

This project is fast, easy and inexpensive.  All you need is an old book, a leaf template (just Google "oak leaf" search images, and print on cardstock) pencil, scissors, hot glue, twine and a wispy branch (mine is a forsythia).
 


 
Simply trace the oak pattern on the book pages, cut out and crease in half lengthwise.



 
 
Glue the base of each leaf to the branches using the hot glue.
 

 

 
 
I love the graphic black and white of the book pages...


 
 
 ...and the earthiness and natural element of the twigs.
 
 
 
To hang, I simply wrapped the branches in twine and attached it with a tack to the back of the door.


 
 
I adore the look of neutral fall décor that doesn't reflect the traditional colors of orange and gold.


 
 P.S. Be sure to check out my September contributor post over at Jennifer Rizzo Design. It is one of my favorites to date!






 

9 comments:

  1. So simple and incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative as I love words and the graphic appeal of Black and White. Thanks for sharing this, it's really simplistic beauty at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and simple! I could see this in my house too, because I'm not much into fall decor but this is perfect and not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela! I adore this branch of book page leaves! The neutral colors are perfect to be used all Fall and not get tired of them (like too much orange, etc.). I saw your post over at Metamorphosis Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! This is my kind of Fall decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I want to be a big old copy cat and make a leaf garland! You are very imaginative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.