Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Vintage Child's Desk & Chair Set

Hey everyone!
 
A couple of weeks back we were out furniture hunting and came home with a cute chair and desk. They weren't originally a set, but they fit together just perfectly.



 
When sourcing pieces we always try to find items that are both interesting and in very good structural condition.  These both required very little work other than a fresh coat of paint and some pretty details.




I don't do a ton of girly furniture, but this one just called out to me. I wanted to make it feminine, but not totally over the top.

 
 

 

 
 I started out by painting the desk in a very pale gray (General Finishes Seagull Gray).  I kept the finish solid, without any distressing.
 


After a coat of poly I added in some pretty hardware. (Apple Blossom Clear Glass Knobs from D. Lawless Hardware.)

 
 

I think they fit the piece perfectly.
 


 
 
The accompanying chair has the most beautiful lines and was painted with GF's Coral Crush.
 
 
 
I highlighted the carvings with the Seagull Gray paint from the desk to tie them both together.



 I had such a fun time working on this little set and it sold just after it was listed.


 
 

3 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.