Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Selling of Number Fifty-Three

Well that was a longer blogging break than I had intended. Despite my attempts as steadily blogging over the last year or so, life and responsibility has gotten in the way. It's not a bad thing, just the reality of it. Then, there was that chunk of time when I had literally no time to share projects even if I had the projects to share.

This is why: I sold my house. My love, my boys and (soon to join us, Figgy) packed up last week and moved to Connecticut. Selling and moving to a less congested area (re: not being able to actually see my neighbor open his fridge and get a snack while I'm sitting on my very own couch) has been something I have wanted to do for a good decade. Once my divorce was final this was my cue to fully get out of a place that never made me happy and start over. And, it happened fast. The house was listed for more than I was comfortable with and I received two offers in two weeks. Glad I listed high.





At that point, we had already found a hundred year old farmhouse we loved and it all fell into place. Albeit, with a ton of stress, work and money. Literally, the money we had to put out never seemed to end. Every week it was a hundred for this or that.




All through it, I let my little blog that I created from nothing fizzle away. That was super sad for me since I had worked so hard to get to where I was. The light in that all is from this blog came my furniture painting and that has crazy soared in the last many months. Honestly, it is what helped pay for all those little (but adds up quick costs) in moving us all here.

With all that said. Seriously, people. Give me a kick if this all slows down again. I love this little part of my life and I can't wait to see it grow again.

One other thing I want to share. I've gotten tons of inquiries from friends, family and customers, alike asking if Number Fifty-Three will remain with that name. After all, it was named for the house number of the home I just sold. The answer is a resounding yes. This is who I'm known as (especially locally with my furniture) so I don't want to rock the boat and confuse things.

And now, I can't wait to share the progression of our little old farmhouse with you all. I've spent the last week, unpacking and placing furniture to my liking along with about a gazillion (yes, honestly that many) trips to IKEA. And cleaning. OMGosh. The cleaning. The house seemed a little sketchy when we came for the inspection, but when we moved in we really discovered the level of filth that some people live in. It's making my OCD a little kooky right now. Seriously, though, I cannot. I just cannot explain the scrubbing that has taken place with much more to come. One little snippet of horror, I honestly had to clean out nail clippings and hair trimmings from the medicine cabinet. I know. And I'm not going to lie. I have bribed my children with money to help.

We'll talk soon and I'll be sure to share some before and progress shots!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.