Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Klein Blue Dresser

I really love working on custom orders for clients. It makes me work outside of the usual white/gray/aqua box that I tend to gravitate towards when I paint something.

Not too long ago, I picked up this dresser. It was insanely solid and just happened to be what a repeat client was searching for. She asked for it to be finished in a bold blue and as soon as I heard that I grabbed my General Finishes Klein Blue.





It is a perfect bold color without being too over the top or garish.



I kept the original hardware and I think it works perfectly. Blue and brass are just a classic combination. I also adore the red of the geranium that I used to style the dresser. It screams 4th of July to me!



Here is the before and after. It's truly amazing what a few coats of a bold color can do!
 






>
If you liked my Klein Blue Dresser, you may also like...
Patina Green Antique Dresser


Updated 70s Nightstand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.