Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Navy & White Vintage China Cabinet

I have been really, really loving navy lately. In our home reno I am painting all the interiors door a super dark charcoal that reads primarily as an almost black navy (if that makes any sense). Completely a happy accident.

This last week I fought through working in our workshop in a seriously crazy pollen filled haze. (I can't imagine what still needs to bloom out there, but it's something and it's very slowly killing me.)



Anyway, it was worth it because I'm enamored with this vintage china cabinet I just finished.



This was actually a piece that we sourced ourselves a while back off of a Facebook tag sale group. While I did all the painting, Darrell did all the stuff that would make me cringe and question why we had gotten this in the first place, like breaking and removing the lock. (The door was locked when we purchased it and the key had been recently lost).

I used a combo of regular and chalk paint for this. The exterior is a custom mixed color that I came up with. I had recently done a navy dresser and felt the particular shade would be a bit too light for this piece so I mixed in some black.

I did some light distressing and added a ceramic patterned knob.






After I removed all of the contact paper from the shelves inside the cabinet (That was totally the thing to do way back when!) I painted the inside with a linen white chalk paint and more heavily distressed it.



This piece is currently for sale in northern Connecticut.


If you liked my Navy & White Vintage China Cabinet you may also like...

Painted & Stained Waterfall Desk

Klein Blue Dresser

Antique Dresser Turned Kitchen Island



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.