Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Prettiest Outdoor Rugs this Summer

I've spent the last several days scouring the internet (whenever I had a few moments) looking for the perfect outdoor rug. I eventually envision getting a couple; one for our large front porch (once it is thoroughly cleaned and painted), and the other for our mudroom, which is nearly completion.




I was kind of just hoping that I could just run out and grab something quickly this week for that mudroom I just mentioned. Over the last few weeks we have installed a new wood floor, which I whitewashed and then added several coats of polyurethane too (reveal coming at some point). But nothing at the local chain stores were really grabbing my interest.

Source

Source

While I'm loving the look of the whitewashed floor against the super dark walls in that room, I do have to be realistic. This is the main entry point into the home for our family, and our guests have seemed to follow suit.

Source

Source

I need something to protect the floors from daily abuse and dirt, yet, of course, still be visually appealing and relatively easy to maintain.

Source

Source

And, I've found so many beautiful ones! What I adore about them all is that they look just like indoor rugs. I love the idea of transitioning the inside of a home to the outdoor living spaces.

Source

Source

 I've shared rugs that have a wide range of price points, some of which are out of my budget, personally. But I still find inspiration in the colors and patterns and can use that as a jumping off point for my design projects.

What do you all think? Do you have a favorite?

To see more please follow my Rugs & DIY Floor Covering Board on Pinterest.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.