Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Vintage Cottage Inspired Coffee Table

I have the prettiest little custom coffee table to share with you all.



I always love tables from this era because of the intricate, delicate legs. They are sometimes overly fragile and this one came to us in need of repair. (This before is kind of an in process as Darrell was halfway through fixing the leg by the time I got to photographing it.)




Anyway, after the leg was secured and reattached I got to painting. The mahogany finish just really, really dates these pieces.



I started with a coat of aqua chalk paint and then topped it with several coats of an antique white chalk paint.

Layering these light colors gives furniture a wonderful cottage feel.




I distressed the entire piece to show some bits of the original wood and to make it look time worn with the aqua popping through in spots.


I loved working on this coffee table so much! While I love the turn that our furniture has taken lately (stained tops mixed with painted bases), this one really took me back to my roots and reminded me so much of many pieces that I have done in the past.






If you liked my Vintage Cottage Inspired Coffee Table, you may also like...


New Coffee Table



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.