Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Rustic, Felt Valentine Hearts

I love handmade Valentine décor.

There's just something about the idea of a craft made with love on a holiday to celebrate it.

Earlier this week I created these felt hearts and they were super easy and very inexpensive.



Supplies: felt (I used the heavier weight one), embroidery floss, needle, scissors, pen, fiber fill, heart cookie cutter.

Simply lightly trace the heart in your desired size onto the felt. I always like to use inexpensive cookie cutters for crafts like this.



Next, cut out the hearts and sew them together. I honestly do not know how to sew, but I played around a bit and came up with a rustic stitch that I felt went with the overall feel of the project. I do think you should do it by hand though to give that individually created feel to the hearts.



Once I got about 3/4 of the way around the heart I filled it with fiber fill and continued to sew the remainder.




Of course I went with white (big surprise), although if they had the pink felt in the heavier weight I would have done a mix of the two.  And, of course, traditional red with white embroidery floss would be perfect!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest





If you liked this post, you may also like...


Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.