Thursday, December 7, 2017

Simple Vintage Glam Christmas Mantel

Good morning, everyone!

Last week when I shared my Holiday Housewalk tour I didn't get to include as many pictures of our mantel as I would have liked. So, I took some additional photos this week and thought I would share.




 
In the last many months I have been craving simplicity in my décor. I've never liked to have my home over decorated or with tons of things everywhere, but I do love thrifting and collecting so I tend to have a lot of things. To account for that, I've been purging and selling much of my stash; keeping only things that I want to display now or that I know I will want to rotate into my home as the seasons change.

But, back to the mantel. A few months ago I ended up painting it all white and I finally feel content with it! You can read all about our mirror purchase here. Potentially one of my best thrifted finds to date.




I knew that when I decorated for Christmas I wanted to keep everything simple and embrace the rustic glam feel of the gold mirror and sconces paired with the painted planked wall.

I used this gorgeous flocked garland that fit the top of the mantel just perfectly, both in length and depth. I actually purchased it after Christmas on sale last year and had it packed away. I totally forgot about it and was completely surprised when I unpacked my holiday décor this year and found it. Does anyone else do that?!?  (I wasn't able to find a link to the garland online, but it was purchased in store at Walmart, for those inquiring.)




Anyway, that is all I added to the mantel. I feel like it's simple and festive and a lot of the times, less is more when it comes to decorating.

In front of the mantel is a vintage Victrola cabinet (which I still need to blog about). It holds vases and barware.




I left the top as it was prior to the season and just added in a small bottle brush tree and these cute tree drink stirrers (Target, last season).







One last thing I wanted to share is the space all lit up. Candles give an amazing touch to the holiday season for very little money.






I can't believe Christmas is just a few weeks away! Feel free to comment below or on my social media accounts with what you have used to decorate your mantels this year.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.