Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Planked Sewing Table with Custom General Finishes Aqua Paint

 I wanted to share a project that I did last week with you all.
 


I mixed my two favorite General Finishes paints, Antique White and Patina Green and came up with the most gorgeous aqua. (I mixed approximately one half cup white with two teaspoons green.)

Isn't it the most perfect cottage/farmhouse color!?!



This piece started out as a sewing table, with most of the guts removed. (I took out everything else that wasn't necessary.)


It didn't really need any repairs, but I removed the top and Darrell built a new one out of planked wood from our workshop. I did this because I wanted it to not just seem like a sewing table that I painted, and to add interest.

In all the years that I have used GF products I have always stuck to their gel stain. I've totally missed out! This piece was finished in their Spiced Walnut oil stain and I am in love! It gave our piece the perfect amount of age and patina and mellowed so beautifully as it dried.



And that hardware! I replaced the original and added a more vintage feel with an extra handle I had left over from my Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest with D. Lawless.



You guys, I so contemplated on keeping this piece for my own, it's everything I love in a table...some old wood, aqua paint and glass hardware, but I just didn't have the perfect spot for it. Luckily, it was snatched right up.



P.S. Did you all happen to see that I am the General Finishes September Blogger of the Month? You can read more about that honor here.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.