Thursday, February 5, 2015

Patina Green Glam End Table

This week I painted something in one of my most favorite paint colors ever; General Finishes Patina Green.
 



I was first introduced to this color a little over a year ago and was immediately hooked.  (I've shared links to all the fun pieces I've used Patina Green on at the end of this post).  It's a bold color that lends itself both to antique and vintage pieces equally.
 
Anyway, this past weekend, I picked up this sturdy Ethan Allen end table and knew I wanted to go bold.
 
 
 
A couple of coats of Patina Green completely transformed the piece. I did just some minor distressing on the corners and gave it a coat of poly for protection and sheen.
 
 
 
 
Now, I had intended to go with something like vintage glass for the hardware, but while looking around Hobby Lobby my boyfriend picked out this cheetah pull. I never knew I was looking for cheetah hardware, but it works perfectly. It was the little bit of modern glam that was missing from the end table.
 
 
 
 
Of course, you know I completely fell in love with the table and spent a good chunk of time yesterday admiring the color and hardware combo, but I'm currently on a furniture-keeping-freeze (boo), so this needs to sell. Locals, let me know if you'd like to take this one home!
 


 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.