Monday, December 9, 2013

Blogger Stylin' Home Tour: Christmas

 Welcome to my Christmas Home Tour, friends! I have been primping, arranging and decorating and some (ahem, my family) might say obsessively, but I just wanted everything to look festive for your visit, so come on in! And, if you just stopped by from Sarah M. Dorsey Designs, she is amazing, right?
 
 
Our entry has a bright, open and decidedly vintage feel, thanks in part to my gold stenciled wall and two-toned painted dresser. I placed my new flocked tree (oh, how I love it and have coveted them forever) into an owl vase that was a gift from a friend. I didn't think this tree needed much so I simply decorated it in aqua, green and blue vintage ornaments.
 
 
 






Since our entry is just one wide, open space I created this little sitting area. More vintage ornaments decorate this space (can you tell I have a thing for vintage ornaments, because I completely do)! I also added in this Anthropologie inspired gold polka dot pillow I recently made. I love how the pattern of the pillow mimics the ornaments!
 

 
How sweet is my vintage light? I think it's pretty darn awesome and I still cannot believe I got it for FREE!!!



It should be no surprise that our open entryway leads you right into our open living room.  I kept things really neutral and focused on whites, creams, golds and natural greens. And, yes. I totally bought Goldie the Wall Hanging Ram and I love her.


I added in homemade touches like a finger knit garland draped onto my shelf and dresser...
 

 

 
 ...and a branch decorated with wooden stars that I painted metallic gold.






Our mantel is filled with some of my favorite things, like birch branches, brass and special vintage ornaments.
 


It was my husband's idea to add in the pieces of pine garland and I love how it gave the space dimension and interest!
 



 
Our large bookshelf sits across from the fireplace and is sometimes a challenge to style, so I typically keep it very simple and Christmas was no exception.
 
 
I love that little pine tree I found at the garden store!
 
 

You enter our dining room through an archway and I definitely went for glamorous, yet comfortable feel. Like someplace that you could linger and chat with friends and family forever.
 
 


Gold, sparkle, boxwoods and vintage ornaments are all key players in my dining table styling.
 

 
 
I kept the sideboard simple with birch logs and pomegranates (my fav!)...


...that was, once I was able to pry Figaro out of the acrylic bowl. Seriously, he was obsessed!
 
 
 
Lastly, is our tree! It's filled with tons of vintage ornaments, gold and silver ornaments that I've collected over the years and tags that I have painted in metallic gold paint. Another crafty element was the book page wreath that I hung on our vintage ladder.
 

 


Thank you so, so much for stopping by and taking my Christmas Home Tour! Be sure to check all the fantastic ladies taking part in this series all week!
 
 
BSHT-Christmas-Graphic-copy
 

 
Monday:
Roeshel - DIY Showoff
Jess and Monica - East Coast Creative
Laura - Finding Home
Brittany - Brittany Makes
 
Tuesday:
Caitlin - Desert Domicile
Carolyn - Sweet Chaos Home
 
Wednesday: 
Jamie - C.R.A.F.T.
Michelle - Decor and the Dog
Whitney - The Curtis Casa
Kristin - Bliss at Home
Summer - Simple Stylings
 
Thursday:
 
Jenna - SAS Interiors
Chris - Just a Girl
Michelle - Iron and Twine
Lindsay - Makely Home
Jennifer - Dimples & Tangles
 
Friday:
Jen - The Chronicles of Home
Kristin - Hunted Interior
Eileen - A Creative Day
Lakeitha - Lakeitha Duncan
Kristen - KFD Designs
Jessica - Dear Emmeline
Carmel - Our Fifth House
 
 









 
 If you liked this post you may also like...
 

 

 
 






Linking to: